Wednesday, April 21, 2010

MErh.

Well, I spent all day at the library (I mean, I won't be dramatic about it, I had excellent company all day.) and I got some reading done, but I simply can't get through Notes From the Underground, which is VERY problematic because for my final paper (a paper that in my estimate will rock the 21st century and move literary critics and astonish all my Humanities teachers that never thought I could write.) I'm writing an analytical monologue, for the topic-Based on the views Nietzsche advances in his Gay Science, imagine a conversation

between him and TWO of the following (you choose two): Dostoevsky’s

Underground Man, Mary Prince, Victor Frankenstein, More’s Raphael,

Machiavelli’s Cesare Borgia. In what ways would these figures agree?

Disagree? What would be their major points of discussion?

Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. oh you tortured soul, must be hard living in with all that depth and creativity. GET REAL.

    love jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, all we are talking about in my Italian class right now is Cesare Borgia. Machiavelli was like obsessed with him dude... well obsessed with criticizing him hahaha

    ReplyDelete