
A couple of weeks ago, I ventured out into the town of Blacksburg to a party in Pheasant Run, accompanied by my twinks and some gal pals. No big deal right, just a couple of girls, going out, looking to have a good time and get their inner Miley Cyrus/Lady Gaga on. Whatever... it's cool. It was there, at said party that I spied a graphic part of young American culture. Grinding.
Now, this wasn't my first time at the grinding rodeo; I've been to other parties, my high school's homecoming, and dare I say, my 8th grade dance (too young, too soon). This time though, I found it to be particularly graphic. Young gentlemen (this term used loosely) were lined up against a wall getting vibrated on by young women. It wouldn't have been so terrible had the young women not chosen to wear the micro dress (one was more like a nano dress but whatever sets you free) with no underwear look, a perennial college classic. It is my belief that the only people who should be exposed to that are: God, your gyno, and your partner. It is akin to how I imagine the people feel who film documentaries about animals getting eaten. You feel sad, a little bit disgusted but can do nothing to stop it.
I am not going to say that I am so prude that I think there should be no sassy dancing at parties and other occasions (though I always keep that 12 inch ruler in my purse...kidding...). I think there is a huge difference between following the music and having fun and looking like you should have on clear, light up platforms and that your name should be "Stardust." So go out, have fun, dance away to the "phat beatz", but remember keep it classy.
*For the ladies, a little something to remember: You don't come with batteries, please don't act like you do.
lovelove.
Jordan

No comments:
Post a Comment