Lately, I have been feeling the stresses of two main areas of my life, school and relationships with others. These things, have for the past couple of weeks and even still now have rendered me somewhat useless. Not to be over dramatic (because let's be real everyone feels this way every now and then) but I just haven't felt like myself, I haven't been able to focus on school or studying and I've just wanted to keep to myself and be alone. To me, it sort of feels like when you wake up from a nap and still feel groggy, you are awake but not really. It is just bothersome because I can't shake it off yet, but I know I will.
Last night, I was talking with Twinks on ichat and being very melancholy debra downer (must have been a fun conversation). She gave me the brilliant yet plain as day idea to make a list of things I am thankful for and blessed to have. I started making the list and I soon found I had filled a whole paper and upon seeing all the things in my life that are so great, I felt silly for not remembering them on a daily basis.
I suppose I can chalk it up to the can't see the forest through the trees deal. I was so wrapped up in everything that was going wrong I couldn't see that there are so many more things going right. I am so blessed and I feel guilty for taking it all for granted. So I guess my advice of the day and the point of sharing this is: instead of feeling sorry for yourself and looking at negatives, make a Thankful list. Chances are that list will be so much more numerous than all of the negative things going on around you.
Some of My Thankful List:
- My sisters
-Reality Checks
-Phone calls with Nonnie
-Best friends from home
- DJ, my Kappa Sisters,and my friends at school
-The way technology connects people
-A warm smile
-Music
There is so much more to this list and yet even looking at the abridged reader's digest version above I am already feeling a little better.
Lovelove.
Jordan

No comments:
Post a Comment