Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thoughts.

*actual post time is 12:50 AM on 5/7/10

I am sitting in a classroom of sorts in Hillcrest, studying for organic chemistry and feeling very nostalgic and kind of sad. Lately, I have been so preoccupied, studying for finals and packing, that I have forgotten what the day/ date is . Tonight I looked up after doing a problem, saw the date, and just kind of stared at it. Most people would say that today is insignificant, nothing special about it, but to me in years past it has been one of the most important. I guess it's hard to look at it like it's just another day when I am so keenly aware that it is not.

It's hard to realize that even though you may care for someone, they might not be in your life forever. Rationally, I know that this can happen, things change, people change, life happens. It's still not easy, I feel like part of me is missing. I know that sounds really drastic, but it's a big change I'm still getting used to. I'd like to think that someday things will be different from how they are now, but realistically, I know I have probably burned a bridge beyond repair.

It's difficult but I really do believe I did the right thing. Each day I learn something new about myself, little by little I am figuring out who I am. It's amazing what I have already learned, I am finally beginning to understand who I am and what direction I want to take in my life. There is a certain confidence that comes with having the knowledge of knowing what you want in life and what you stand for. I am excited to continue my journey of self-discovery and see where that journey takes me.

Jordan


1 comment: