Sunday, May 9, 2010

Letter Writing.

Well, I have been trying to write this letter for about an hour and all I have is the address on the envelope.

I assume this writers block comes from the son of the people I am writing, considering his most recent (as in today) insult-thanking me for making him realize how I was not good enough for him, how terrible I am, and for doing him the favor of moving on. I guess the only appropriate response is-why you are most definitely welcomed, asshole. But, I don't know, I try desperately to keep all people good or bad in my life ( a downfall of mine I guess) because I like to circulate in a pool of familiar people, and I just don't understand how people can get so angry and stay angry for so long at me for just wanting to be happy. I mean I'm happy-can't that be enough for certain people to inspire them to find THEIR OWN happiness and not dwell on the fact that their happiness will not be found with me. I mean, I do try my best to make others happy and I try to be considerate of other people and give 100% to anything they ask of me, but when it comes to not being true to myself and making me unhappy- well isn't that where most people draw the line? I think so.

So since that "thank you" message, I've been stuck all day trying to figure out how to write something simple and from the heart to show my support for his parents and to commend them on their efforts to comfort another family who is in immense pain over the loss of their daughter/sister AND to encourage them to continue to fight for the bill they failed to pass during this legislation session.

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment