Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hmmm

Do you ever feel disappointed in someone? It seems every chance I give it is just thrown in my face and I am proven that this person doesn't deserve my trust. But, I can't turn my back, I can never turn my back and it is hard because over and over again, I am left feeling disappointed and resentful. I guess the thing is I just need to learn that they will never change, accept it, and move on. By this point I should have realized that people really do not change that much, I have yet to see someone do a 180 and stick with it for more than a couple months, people are who they are. Hopefully, I'll be able to just eventually expect nothing more from them than what they continually choose to show me.

Moving on, I believe that people need to be loyal to one another. Over the course of civilization, loyalty was imperative for the human race to survive, I mean you want someone looking out for you if a wooly mammoth or other giant animal is coming to attack. Lack of loyalty is becoming something I observe more and more in my life. People are all too willing to go behind others back's and say something nasty or to turn their back on someone who is supposedly very close to them. I don't understand it, what do people gain by doing this? An upper leg in a social circle, a boost to their self esteem, or are they just mean spirited individuals. All of these reasons are so superficial, if you are using it as a leg up what's to say those people you wish to associate with won't turn around and do the same to you. Obviously if you are willing you break your loyalty to someone else, why should the social circle extend it's loyalty to you or for that matter, each other. For self-esteem, that I do not understand at all. By not being loyal to someone else you aren't make yourself look better I think you are making yourself look much worse. To me I see someone who is willing to say something nasty as uncouth and not classy. If you dislike yourself that much, why don't you work on it. Finally, if you are just mean spirited then I guess I'll pray for you but other than that I don't know.

I hate to rant like this, but, it was so necessary it's too late to go to the gym and run it off.


Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment