Ali and I spent the day doing yard work with our mother who was, "working from home." As a child, I never really liked gardening much it was always too hot or there were too many gross bugs. Today however, I enjoyed spending time with my sister and mother and just talking. I really feel as I am getting older my mother is becoming less of an "enforcer" and more of a friend and confidant. There is so much I can learn from her that when I was younger I chose to ignore because she was my mother and I thought I knew better.
I also got a pretty nice tan. Ali said before we went outside that I looked like Casper, always one to compliment! But by the end of the day I had an almost summer glow! I just really like being outside and working with my hands. I think tomorrow the three of us will plant new flowers in the gardens and around the deck. Our little sister's graduation party is fast approaching and the house has to look its best!
Ali also found a fun link...it's like chatroullette but with kittens (how adorable!)
lovelove.
Jordan

I couldnt agree more (although I lovedddd gardening when i was little, I'll post a funny story abt that on my blog soon!). BUT my mother and I did not get along so well in middle school or most of high school. but since I've been at VT our relationship has grown so much and i now trust her advice more than anyone's and tell her everything. I'm so glad you are experiencing that as well. I think this is Jordan bc it says 'cheers' BUT if its not- hi Ali! I'm in Jordan's sorority at VT :)
ReplyDelete<3 <3 - Ellen