Saturday, May 8, 2010

oh you know, cheelan at the holiday inn.

I went to a truly beautiful wedding today.I feel like if I tried to blog about it,it would go something like this:
"awwww....and then she came down the aisle and looked beautiful and awwwww I want to find someone to marry....and then they said I do and the deacon forgot to say you may now kiss the bride...and aww then he stopped the ending of mass to let Andy kiss Erin...and awww when she was giving the flowers to mary and ave maria was playing I teared up a little....okay, a lot....and awwwww I want to be in loveeeeeeeeee.......and then the reception by the beach with that view from those angles, omg...and the lights with the teal decorations...and the beach umbrellas place cards...and the way they numbered the tables-pictures of them with the table....and Erin's father crying during the prayer...and their first dance to the Adele version of that Dylan song that makes me cry......and dancing with my sisters....and the way the place looked when it got dark, how romantic it all was....and how happy, truly happy both Erin and Andy looked...awww, loveee i love loveeeeeeeeeeee."

Yes, I think that's how I think of that wedding and I think that's how I described it to people who asked how it went today. I think i'll post some pictures later to show everyone how pretty everything was. I love weddings, I love being with my cousins and dancing with my sisters and hearing 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 and the way my grandmother and mother start planning my wedding. I hope the best for Andy and Erin, I think after 7 years of dating their whole life together from today forward will be filled with love. Sometimes, I feel so lucky to have so many strong relationships to look at within my family and realize it is possible to find someone that makes you happy, that puts you first, and who you want to love for the rest of your life.

Amore regge senza legge.
(love rules without rules)

Ali

2 comments:

  1. i love the quote in italian. that wedding sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course it would be in italian aka the language of our families, of love, of all good times, good food, good family & friends.

    ReplyDelete