Monday, May 17, 2010

Do you ever try to remember the way things feel? Like the certain pressures of someone's arms when they give you a hug or the way the grass feels in the morning when you lay on it as opposed to the afternoon or evening? Sometimes when I really want to remember something I try to remember the way it felt-physically. I don't know if it works or if what I feel like it felt is made up or some synthetic feeling of multiple moments jumbled together, but I still try.

I'm trying not to be impatient about certain things and I'm wishing right now that it wasn't raining and there was not a threat for more rain. I want to go for a walk to clear my head. I'm kind of frustrated.

I talked with Nonnie all morning, but she is making pasta with eggplant and I cannot stand looking at eggplant. It's such a process if you don't know. Egg plants two days to prepare. You see, you have to cut it and cook it, but it's oily so you have to put it on brown paper and sit bricks on it to squeeze all the oil out and then you can do what you want with it. I'm not exactly sure what Nonnie does, but for me, it's not worth all that labor. I guess eggplants are like other things, you realize the work you put it doesn't really make something you really want in the end. Who knows, some people love eggplant.

I need to clean my room, but Jordan has locked me out. I think that's rude of her.
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment