Friday, May 14, 2010

I got the nicest text from Dave mending things in many ways and he told me to go pick up a People Magazine.
My heart can’t help but feel heavy. I picked up the May 24,2010 issue of People and flipped to Yeardley’s article and within the article was a small and to the point article about Kristin Mitchell. And, I know I never knew either of these accomplished and beautiful women, but I can’t help feeling devastated by the loss of both of them.

Maybe it’s because of all the time I have spent at the Mitchell’s house, looking from Dave’s room into Kristin’s made-up yet empty room. The door was always open and it always felt like she was out and coming back but never did. Or maybe it’s the look in his parent’s eyes when they would speak so fondly of her or show me baby pictures. I don’t know, I can’t really place where these strong feelings come from but, I feel so attached to domestic violence and advocating against it. So, I guess I hope everyone goes out and gets a copy of this issue it has really important information about domestic violence and prevention. I think it’s a great article to read, think about, and talk about.


Ali

1 comment: