I cannot believe these two years have flown by, it feels like last time I looked back I was getting ready for prom or playing in band or walking to leadership class or going through recruitment, but I am here, a rising junior. It's a little scary that I only have two more years left at this wonderful place but I am amazed at the realization that I am becoming the person I set out to be at the beginning of my freshman year. I am involved in activities, hold leadership positions, and am taking classes that at one point terrified me. It's so interesting how life happens and day to day we go through it, for the most part not realizing that we are working towards something, that we are moving forward.
I feel as though I should try to impart something or things that I have learned over my first two years in college. Because I love lists and they are pretty much how I organize my life, I created a list of "things" I have learned.
Things
-Take chances; don't be afraid to put yourself out on a limb. Feeling embarrassed about trying and failing is way better than wondering what if.
-Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" is always an excuse to get a little crazy and dance on a table.
-Don't sweat the small stuff, it will just make you wrinkle faster.
-Do things that you love and that make you happy. If you spend your time doing things because you think that’s what others want you will just end up feeling empty and resentful.
-Always bring an extra pencil to a test.
-Don't spray Pam on a cookie sheet when it specifically tells you not too. The entire kitchen will smell like burnt hair.
-You can't study all the time, sometimes you need to let your hair down and let loose.
-After 2AM, people get a little nutty.
-Tell people in your life how much you love and appreciate them, they might not always be there.
-Remember to breathe, don't freak out.
-Life is always changing; to try and stop it will only end up making you miserable.
-Find happiness in simple things.
-Clean your room and put sheets on your bed.
-In the fall, football is life. Live it, Love it.
-Quarters are crucial. So many things need quarters to work in college.
I have some more maybe I will put more up later, but these will do for now. Time to get back to microbiology, I wouldn't want to bring shame to my family on my last final of the semester!
Cheers!
Jordan

No comments:
Post a Comment