Monday, May 24, 2010

I know, this post is sooo LiveJournal, but why stop with my last ranting post?

Don’t you hate how memories have the funny way of catching you off guard? You think you have passed the time when a memory that had some weight on it would pop up and throw off your stream of thought. I hate that, but it happened when I was writing this graduation card, I mean, there was nothing special about it or particularly sentimental, but by the time I finished closing the envelope my mind was somewhere else.

Anyway, it just made me turn on some tunes &want to spend the night between two songs: Third Eye Blind Thanks A Lot and Horror Show (I know, my music choices are pretty predictable, but there lyrics are just so kdbfajekz. Yeah, that’s the word.)just writing. It’s been awhile since I’ve just written some prose and put it into lines and made some sort of elementary poem. Aside from the intial inspiration to write, the air conditioning is off and that will keep me awake, it’s so hot.

Here is one of them. I’m not happy with it. It’s really the roughest of rough drafts but oh well:

Ghosts float through your hallways

intertwining with the dust particles through the air.

Sound vibrations ancient shells reside in the walls

that once shook with laughter and loud music

the floors aches for the past spilt courage and

running of feet into that secret part of your house,

the annex of your fears, an adolescent’s playground, your bedroom.

Memories fill your head as you touch

untouched sheets and fluffed pillows in the morning

as you sneak back upstairs after spending the night gone

wishing you could find a way to put all the reminders away


Hahaa, i'm sooo livejournal right now.

Ali (i don't know why this is double spaced) Virden

No comments:

Post a Comment