Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Summer Platters

So I'm sitting in the office (also known as my bedroom floor) and just looking around at my now blank walls, stripped bed, and empty closet. I can't believe this year is over, sometimes I felt like the weeks were never going to end and then other days I found myself praying that time would slow down for a while and just let me take in everything with all senses. First semester this year was interesting, my first place, football games,parents weekend, pretty lights, disco biscuits,UGA,UNC, my 20th birthday, and I don't know a jumble of problems mixed into that. And then I left for break, Kelsey left for good, and Meg,Erica,and Emily left for Europe. Then January came. January brought with it a choice, which I made and got by with the help of a few friends. And my father got a job, my sister accepted to college, and me a new place to start (in my head I guess that is). Then February downtown, house hunting, flowers,snow, kelsey came to visit,fun fun fun and March downtown, random outtings, cup, kappa things, jahan, more fun, more fun, even more fun, and a boyfriend and April virginia tech, coastal carolina, blaire virden,school, haha a lot of school, fun (most obviously) and now May- see ya later 334. I know this is a very rough sketch of the year and I left out 70% of my life at 334 but I think most of these are a good place to start when thinking about the year. It's been real I suppose and now I'm a junior and I really have only one thing to say on that subject: what the fuck. no really, what the fuck. How/when did I get so old? I remember senior year of high school like it was yesterday but that was two years ago. Is this how growing up is? I'm always going to feel 18 and then one day I wake up and I'm 48? Sweet jesus.

Anyway, it's Cinco De Mayo. Fiesta!!!! No tequila for me or else i'll need to be locked in a cage, shot with a tranquilizer or tazered to the ground.

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment