"So when are you going to start dating again?!"
...Dating? This question perplexed me, to be honest dating someone has not even been on my radar. I gave her a simple "Eh no time soon I guess." While my answer to her question was simple the introspection that it caused me to have was not.
Truthfully, I am still working on getting over the last relationship I was in, and it isn't easy. We were together for almost four years. That's a long time and I am realizing that you can't just shut it out. People might not understand why I feel this way I mean, I'm the one that broke it off shouldn't I be fine with everything? I mean I guess if you look at it that way I should be, but I can't just easily forget everything and pretend it didn't happen and that all those years didn't mean something when they did. I'm finding that it's a tight rope to walk, it's a daily struggle that I have to deal with. Sometimes it is hard to compartmentalize it all, I mean it's weird putting things that have feelings attached to them in a little cardboard box under my bed and replacing old pictures with new ones, it is just strange and sad to me.
I don't understand how some people can move on so quickly, how they can just turn the page and forget. I don't think about trying to find or date someone new, honestly I don't want that in my life right now. Realistically I don't want to think about dating again for a long time, I'm just not ready. I didn't break things off just so I could find someone new, that was not my intention at all. I understand that some people use finding someone new to get over their last relationship but, that is not what I want or need in my life. I needed and still need time to myself to find myself and really look into what I want to do with the rest of my life.
I'm not 16 anymore, in two years I'll be graduated Virginia Tech and hopefully I will have a direction in my life that I want to follow. As many people know I am extremely indecisive and that is why I feel I need time to explore different paths that I can take. I don't know what I want for my future, it changes with the winds, that is why this time to find out is so crucial. For once, I just want to be sure.
Jordan

I hear you SO loud and clear, and there's nothing wrong with it!
ReplyDeleteI've decided that I'm not going to date until after I graduate and figure out my life... I'm in a relationship with myself (too bad I can't put that on fb hahaa)
i agree with you 100%! good luck girl! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think its great that you are taking time off dating and concentrating on getting to know yourself more, bcuz you'll gain so much confidence and comfort in yourself and that will make you more self efficient and stable in the long run.
ReplyDeleteHowever, it's always nice to go out and flirt with one or two guys lol ;)
thanks for entering the competition btw :D
http://4everfashionlee.blogspot.com