Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I don't understand some friendships. Friendships I thought I would have forever have now changed and as a consequence the friendship is slowly drifting apart. I know this happens and I shouldn't be surprised because somethings just aren't meant to stay forever.

However, this particular friendship surprises me. Part of the reason for the decline is my fault, I wasn't always around or available and I know that, I own that part. The other part belongs to her. There are two huge things that have happened on her part in this friendship for which I have forgiven but I can't forget and as a result I look at her differently. I know I should move past it, but these two things go against the biggest traits I look for in a friend, loyalty and support.

Although this one friendship is drifting slowly out of my reach, other friendships are growing stronger. My relationships in these friendships make me inspired to be a better friend and a better person. I am thankful for them.

cheers.
Jordan

1 comment:

  1. I totally get this. I actually just wrote a blog about how you can be so close to a friend at one point in your life, and then have everything change due to location, situation, actions etc. sad sad.

    ReplyDelete