Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Few Things from the Desk of Ali:

1) As far as political rock goes, I hate Greenday. As far as 90s punk-pop goes, I love Greenday. So quit singing about politics and start playing me some Brain Stew and Nice Guys Finish Last.

2) Ever since the day before New Year's Eve when I was stuck in NYC driving around lost with Jahan, I have HATED Jay-Z's song New York, BUT the Sex and The City trailer actually makes it seem cool again.

3)I'm going to Barcalona next summer to finish up my Spanish major, hooray Europe!

4)I'm paid, but it all has to go 100 directions...so realistically I'm broke. Curse my parents for not being wealthy!

5) Did anyone else find the MTV movie awards offensive? How many f-bombs, twilight references, blinking hearts near X-tina's vjay, prancing asian man in a tiger costume do we need on a SUNDAY evening. Although, I will say this- madd respek to Tom Cruise.

6) Here are some songs I have been listening to:
1. One Drop: Little Black Dress
2. 86 the Effort: Miss October & Let's Go Out
3. John Butler Trio: Zebra
4. Rebelution: Lazy Afternoon
5. The Decemberists: O Valencia
6. Jose Gonzalez: Heartbeats
7. Jenny Suk: OMG
8.Nina Gordon: Straight Out Of Compton
9. Johnny Cash: Hurt
10.New Found Glory: King of Wishful Thinking

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog. (directed to both of you haha) but idk what it is, maybe its simplicity? i guess so. but i just wanted to let you know, i really enjoy reading it. :)
    please check out my blog and comment back, if you'd likeee! :)

    ReplyDelete