Monday, January 3, 2011

New Yearz or rather, the year before we all die.

Well, it seems another year is upon us and as I like to call this year:
“2011: the greatest year that ever happened the year before the world ends.”


Yes, that’s what I was sloppily cheering to on New Years- the end of the world in 2012 when I get incinerated by comets or blown up by aliens degree-less. BUT until then, I plan on making 2011 a great year. When I said that I was planning on making this the best year ever, I was hit with many questions from my friends. They said “Ali you’ve been trying to make the best year ever happen since 1997, but ha good one.” Or “Ali, everyone knows you’re not going to get your life together and everyone thinks it’s dumb you keep telling people you’re interning at a sea shell store.” Or even, “Ali, stop spilling your drink on me.” The latter I guess has nothing to do with my best year ever, perhaps that will be something I keep in mind for one of my new years resolutions.

But, I really feel like this could be the best year ever and I am going to try my best to not let my little black heart steer me into believing it won’t be. I suggest everyone get on board with me and just try to wake up each day and not open your eyes but smile first and to wait 30 seconds before going off on someone because you’re mad. I encourage everyone to thrust themselves into activities they love and focus on the people in your life that matter most. I think this year should be more about who we have in our lives and not what material possessions we need in our lives (especially considering it will all be burnt to the ground May 2012, so it will never really matter if you got a beamer, benz, or Bentley.).

No comments:

Post a Comment