Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More South Carolina :)


After a 10 hour car ride I am finally home! The trip was wonderful, I loved getting to see Blaire's school (it looks like a resort, it's beautiful) and listen to all of the orientation leaders talk about how much they loved it, I LOVE hearing about school spirit. In my own college search, school spirit was high on my list and if schools were lacking they were crossed off ( at one school I visited the tour guide openly told me there wasn't that much to do and that the school was "okay"..yuck!). I think school spirit was one of the major reasons I chose Tech. School spirit is fanatical at Virginia Tech, you cannot cross the Drillfield or go to class without seeing at least 20 people in something VT. To hear the Coastal Orientation Leaders talk about their school spirit and how much they loved their school made me so happy and excited for Blaire that she gets to start her college adventure there in the fall.

This has nothing to do with what was just talked about above but, I think it's cool. Today as we were checking out I walked to the car to pack my things in the trunk and when I got there I spied a moth, a pink and yellow moth. I had never seen one before and it was so beautiful, I stopped and watched it for a couple of minutes (I like to think I did this because I am a young scientist but I know it's because I'm girly and love pretty things). When I got home I looked up the name and it's scientific name is Dryocampa rubicunda but it's commonly known as the rosy maple moth. How cute!


lovelove.
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment