
Today on a spur of the moment decision I decided to join my little sister and mother on a trip to South Carolina for Blaire's orientation at Coastal Carolina. The trip is eight hours from Maryland, but we're finally here!
Things of Note: Day One
-A mustang painted with Iron Man that had the license plate "BIT CHIN." Probably one of the coolest cars I've ever seen.
-We took the back roads instead of 95 and got to see a real country lighting storm. It was beautiful the way the streaks lit up the whole sky is something I miss living in the suburbs close to Baltimore.
-We found a great radio station that played 90's music. I loved it!
-Ten Virginia Tech car bumper stickers, I love when I see Hokie pride up and down the East Coast!
-Blaire, Mom, and I had an intense discussion about the vast difference between the decor of McDonalds that we seen. The bottom line that we reached is that even though some may look nice (the one we drove by today had a 1950's diner theme) they still serve you food that will kill you. I think I summed it up pretty well, "you can put lipstick on a pig but...it's still a pig."
-Our hotel is questionable, there are bite marks on the television remote and mirrors as backboards of the beds.....I'm just not going to put to much thought into it as my skin might start to itch.
I'm excited to see Blaire's campus tomorrow and learn about the school. Also, I'm hoping to make it to the ocean tomorrow since Coastal is a mere 9 miles from Myrtle beach!
lovelove.
Jordan

No comments:
Post a Comment