Friday, May 14, 2010

consigli di mia nonnie: il matrimonio

"Do you think he loves her as much as he loves his mother? His mother sits in the same place as the blessed mother! I just hope she isn't trying to do Italy a favor and set this marriage up!"

My grandmother's close Italian friend's son got engaged last night. Today, Nonnie gave me the "wedding talk" which I think was worse than when my mom gave me the sex talk. It was a mix of threatening me and advising me, but speaking in her "loud voice" during both sections of the conversation. Oh, and by conversation, I mean me listening and her talking. I never really do much talking, I find I learn more if I just stay silent and let her work the conversation out: Nonnie talking to Nonnie while talking at Ali. Haha, where are all my Italians at? I know you all know exactly what I'm talking about.

To Nonnie-don't worry I don't need you to bring a goat to any boy's house just yet.

Ali

[*ps, i know in the title it's supposed to be nonna, but I have never called nonnie nonna sooooo sorry! I changed it :) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment